Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WoT Servers and Ping Explanations

Just so you readers all know: I finished my exams and you can expect more posts :). On to my article thing,

World of Tanks servers in NA are located in Northern VA and in the middle of California, somewhere near San Diego (I think). This means that people near the East server (like me, I could probably walk there) tend to get around 15-35 ms/ping. People across the country tend to get around 100-115 ms/ping, and vice versa. Keep in mind this takes into account a good and steady internet connection.

As you may know, there are quite a few AU/NZ/Oceania players on NA servers because they don't have their own dedicated English server. They tend to have anywhere from 150-200 on West and 200+ on East (this does tend to fluctuate according to my NZ buddies). Wargaming was probably right to not make a new server for this group because they have a limited player base.

Also, there are some EU players on NA and they have 115-150 on East and 150-200 on West (at least according to my friends in Germany/Eastern EU). This is why I think that Wargaming should be able to implement server switching, but I can understand their hesitation due to many technical issues and server requirements. The other option would be to tie each account to a global server base- with the ability to auto-connect to the nearest server but manually select a possibly international server. Although I don't ever see this coming to the game, I think it would be interesting to allow more freedoms.

Thanks for reading this article- it took some time to gather the info I did,

-Spirtwalker

No comments:

Post a Comment